Made from 80% high-tech T700 carbon, the FIBRA SDM 80 is manufactured to the state-of-the-art prepreg design and, apart from the slightly lower carbon content, is technologically identical to the FIBRA SDM 100 LIGHCORE. The excellent dynamics and balanced bend curve make the FIBRA SDM 80 the most lightweight and highest performing mast in its class. As the more affordable version of the FIBRA 100, it is a high-end mast for all ranges of use which is very light and yet astonishingly durable. The new connection ferrule is thicker and made with the expensive T900 Carbon fiber. Compatible with the 100% of the sail brands of the market.
- Carbon quality: T700
- REPTILE NATURAL BENDCURVE. A multi-axis fiber placement, geometries and efficient layups allow the Reptile masts to match in a natural way to the different sail designs.
- CYLINDRICAL GEOMETRY SYSTEM.
- AUTOCLAVE production process
- REPTILE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM. Higher accuracy than industry standard IMCS measured in 9 points, with less distance between to precisely match all the sails in the market
- AUTOMATICALLY CUTTED PLY SYSTEM. Each carbon ply is cut by machine to increase build accuracy.
- MATTE FINISH for smoother mast sleeve insertion.
- EDGE PROTECTION SYSTEM on all the sides, an extra ply to protect the unidirectional fibers from delaminating and splinters
- EQUALIZED LENGTH TECHNOLOGY, to keep the gravity center lower reducing the overall length when the mast is in two pieces.
- T 900 FIBRES CYLINDRICAL FERRULE for perfect connections and increased reflex
- High quality PVC CONICAL PLUG on the top sections’ top end
- MADE IN ITALY, to be sure that mechanical qualities are failure-proof.